Monday, March 31, 2014

Reflecting on the AAIM Conference Day 1 and 2

There are so many things I have been exposed to at this conference. When you come to an educational technology conference it is inevitable that you will be overwhelmed with too much information. I usually try to focus on two or three things to bring back from the conference. I also take notes in the Evernote app for quick reference when I return to school and forget!

The big things I learned about yesterday and today:

1. The movement toward digital storytelling. I learned today that the corporate world is moving to the "storytelling" concept in advertising.

Example shown to us at the conference:




Here is an example of how we can get our students involved in digital storytelling (math example):






It looks like they used iMovie to make this video. Great example of digital storytelling with student involvement! (both of these videos were shown by Kathy Schrock at the conference) 


2. I learned about Quixey - which is a free search engine for apps.

3. I learned about Google Glass 


Amazing technology that we will no doubt be hearing more about. I think wearable technology will be more prevalent in the future!

There is so much more to talk about- but I have to keep this limited! More to share tomorrow! 





No comments:

Post a Comment